- Thomas Berry: Reflections on His Life and Thought, by John Grim and Mary Evelyn Tucker. Teilhard Studies no 61 Fall 2010
- Brian Swimme and Thomas Berry, The Universe Story: From the Primordial Flaring Forth to the Ecozoic Era—A Celebration of the Unfolding of the Cosmos (New York: HarperSanFrancisco, 1992), 242.
- Thomas Berry, "The New Story: Comments on the Origin, Identification and Transmission of Values," Teilhard Studies 1 (Winter 1978).
- While Thomas Berry's sense of reinvention owes much to the thought of Giambattista Vico (1668-1744), there are also parallel and contemporary conceptualizations in Benedict Anderson, Imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism (London: Verso, 1983); and Eric Hobsbawm and Terrence Ranger, The Invention of Tradition (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1983).
- Thomas Berry, "The Dream of the Earth: Our Way into the Future" in The Dream of the Earth (San Francisco: Sierra Club Books, 1988), 212.
- Thomas Berry, Religions of India (Beverly Hills, CA: Benziger, 1971; New York: Columbia University Press, 1992), 5.
- John Cobb, preface to The Christian Future and the Fate of Earth, by Thomas Berry, eds. Mary Evelyn Tucker and John Grim (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2009), xi.
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, The Human Phenomenon, trans. Sarah Appleton-Weber (Brighton, UK: Sussex Academic Press, 1999), 3.
- Ibid, 148-9.